Listen up kids! I’ve been tagged by my virtual friend John for being an INSPIRING BLOGGER! Let me just begin by saying when I started my “blog” (I prefer online journal), I wasn’t expecting anyone to read it, let alone comment on it. I’m not a photographer and don’t know crap about web design so my main goal in starting The Rum Runner* was to have a creative writing outlet that I’ve been lacking since I left school.
*For those of you not as fascinated in the history of Prohibition in America as I am, “Rum Runner” was a slang term for a bootlegger. It’s also a cocktail, as a recent Google search pointed out.
Since John is pretty much my only reader I felt it necessary to return the INSPIRING BLOGGER! favor. I find his blog, Run Run Johnny (http://runrunjohnny.com/) to be inspiring because unlike my “blog”, he has pictures and stuff, and he has the same shitty (literally) sense of humor that I have. He hasn’t mentioned any rum consumption on his blog but I won’t hold that against him.
Here are the Inspiring Blogger Award rules:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Okay, I think I’ve satisfied rules #1-2. Here we go with #3:
SEVEN THINGS REVEALED ABOUT LAURA A. GUDME-BURKHARDT
1) I was adopted
2) I’ve almost choked to death twice; first time on a peanut when I was two, second time on a piece of banana last year when I was home alone
3) I’ve hugged Trent Reznor
4) My brother is allergic to chicken (not a fact about me, but I just find that so incredibly weird)
5) I graduated with a degree in secondary education, majoring in history. Yes, I was going to be a high school history teacher, until I realized I hate teenagers
6) I drive a Dodge Ram
7) I still sleep with my baby blanket
Okay! Now to nominate 15 other bloggers…well, I barely even know 15 other people, let alone bloggers. The only other blog I follow is Run, Hemingway, Run! http://hemingwayrun.wordpress.com/, which is a blog I got in touch with when it’s writer left a comment on one of my posts. Mr. Hemingway (not sure of his real name) is a runner, has an adorable kitty, and is British, so that makes him automatically cool. Like John his blog looks official with pictures and shit, so if you have a moment please give Run, Hemingway, Run! a read.
Okay! I think I’ve satisfied all the requirements of being an INSPIRING BLOGGER! I’m looking forward to more writing inspiration, that’s for sure. Until then, everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving.